Dear Parents and Caregivers
We hope you and your families are keeping safe and healthy. We really appreciate all you have done to support your child while therapy was offered via TeleHealth due to the COVID 19 Pandemic.
As you might be aware, the BC Government has announced plans to reopen slowly, which means the Symbiosis Pediatric Therapy able to resume Clinic-Based therapy services (Behavior Consultancy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Therapy as well as Behavior Intervention sessions) for children in Surrey, Burnaby, Abbotsford, and Delta locations. The safety and well being of our team members and families is of utmost importance to us. We are working closely with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC, the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC, Worksafe BC, and other relevant agencies to have a comprehensive plan and guidelines as we reopen.
Some of the changes in the clinics you might observe
– Daily temperature checks for staff and clients
– Pickup times will be 15 minutes prior to the end of the session to accommodate the increased cleaning schedule in between clients
– Ramped up hygiene schedules (some areas such as the ball pools may temporarily not be in use).
– No group sessions
– One child per intervention room, except for the big gym, where you might have two with enough distance between them
– Personal protection equipment such as gloves and masks available for use
– Removal of frequently touched items from waiting areas, e.g., magazines, business cards, toys, etc.
– All washrooms and sinks being equipped with touch-less soap dispensers
– Parent feedback given via phone, email, or session notes online, depending on parent preference
– Waiting areas and Parent lounges closed until further notice
Tele-Health sessions for Children will continue as usual